Who wants a taskbar in xfce ? Well, it's in the CVS !

Collins erichey2 at attbi.com
Wed May 15 23:50:30 CEST 2002

On 15 May 2002 10:27:46 -0500 Edscott Wilson García <edscott at imp.mx>
wrote:
> El mié, 15-05-2002 a las 09:44, Olivier Fourdan escribió:
> > Collins,
> >
> > > Granted the po stuff hasn't been handled properly.  You need to
> > > work on this a little more before it's ready.
> >
> > There is nothing I can do about this, this is an issue between
> > your config and autoconf/automake tools.
> >

> Although I don't have the described problem on my workhorse box,
> when I switch to other systems (which I do all the time) I get the
> same problem again and again. I think it would be nice for the
> configure script to check for the proper autoconf/automake tools and
> abort if there is an issue. I'll try to look into it, although I
> don't think I will be able to do so until the weekend.
>
> Edscott
>
> > As I said in my mail, you should use ./autogen.sh in place of
> > ./configure, which in other words means that you can use the same
> > options as ./configure since the configure script is called within
> > autogen.sh.

Thanks for all the help, Olivier and Jsper and Edscott.

I don't understand the bit about "the proper autoconf/automake tools."
 It would seem to me that since you are producing a product in wide
use on a lot of different systems (the gamut of linux and xxxbsd) that
you would not employ some special tricks that only a certain level of
autoconf/automake can decode properly.

What am I missing here?

What are the "proper tools" and what are "improper tools"?  I just had
a fresh look at the links page on www.xfce.org, and I find no mention
of this.

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area - WWTLRD?
gentoo(since 01/01/01) 2.4.19+(ext3) xfce-sylpheed-mozilla