new user comments/ colormap bug?/ Mapping keys?

H.R. ter Veer terveer at subdimension.com
Wed Mar 27 08:20:23 CET 2002

On Mon, 25 Mar 2002 17:20:01 -0800
Jay Pfaffman <pfaffman at relaxpc.com> wrote:

> I started using xfce  last week & really like it.  KDE was getting a
> bit big for my 200Mhz PPro with 128MB of RAM.  In spite of my whining,
> I don't think I'll be going back to KDE any time soon.  Thanks very
> much.
Welcome!

> RTFM/documentation: I can't tell what the hell the eight color panels
> are in Setup app.  I have tooltips turned on, but they never come up
> here (or anywhere else).  I've figured out half of them by trial and
> error.  I remain confused.
I've been digging then out for the xfskin part. It's a little hard to tell
what they do, since more than one gtk color can depend on them.
I think (that they mean the following:)
+-----------------------+
|  1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |
+-----------------------+
|  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |
+-----------------------+

1: mouse=         color of the mouse pointer
2: statusbar=     color of gtk status-bars
3: clock=         color of the clock & xfce buttons (also 3rd desktop, when not using a backdrop)
4: inactiveleft=  left  color  of  inactive window, when using gradient titlebars.
5: root=          color of the first desktop,  also  used  as selection color
6: activeright=   right  color of the active window. Also the color of the second desktop.
7: activeleft=    left color of the active window.
8: panel=         color of the xfce panel, border etc.

(I cut this from the current xfskin manpage)
These are the ones i figured out before making xfskin. Like i said, some colors are applied to more than one GTK item, i might have overlooked something.