Idea about extended menus

Peeter Vois Peeter.Vois at mail.ee
Thu Mar 28 13:32:57 CET 2002

Hi,

I have been thinking several times how to extend XFCE menus without losing
the look and feel and what might not raise the code size too much. So
finally I have found something:

To this mail is added 2 pictures.

idea_0.png
----------
This is regular menu like todays XFCE has but the line on the left side of
TEG shows that this menu has submenu. By clicking (somehow) on the TEG, then
the menu will look like following

idea_1.png
This menu actually looks like regular XFCE menu too but there are two TEG-s
submenu items shown. The submenu is also somehow marked so that it will
be understood that they are not top level items. This case the bounding line
and arrow at the left side has the function.

It is also possible to extend the hierarhy of submenus in general way (no big
additional coding needed) to have sub-sub-...-sub menus.

Hehh, Joe, tell me something that cools me down :)

      Peeter Vois
http://my.tele2.ee/vois