Getting closer

Jay Pfaffman pfaffman at relaxpc.com
Tue Mar 26 20:55:25 CET 2002

OK, I'm getting closer!  I *am* able to edit ~/.xfce/xfwmrc in emacs
and just do a reload to have those changes take effect.  I don't know
what my problem was before.

Here are my keybindings for the maximize horizonal/vertical thing:

    Mouse 1 4 A __builtin_maximize_function__
    Mouse 2 4 A Maximize 0 100
    Mouse 3 4 A Maximize 100 0

If you've got a monitor resolution that's more than 1024 wide, you
should check this out.  It's wonderful.

Hooray, I can tab through my desktops.  Somehow KDE was completely
freaking out (it would stop responding) after doing a Control-tab.
Shift-control tab goes backwards.

    Key Tab A C Desk 1
    Key Tab A SC Desk -1

I managed to find out that I *can* use the left or right arrow keys to
move the cursor into the WindowList and move with up/down and select
with enter, like I'd expect.  I'd still like to be able to use alt-tab
to cycle through those and shift-alt-tab to go through the other way.
I don't see a way to fool with keybindings in WindowList.  I'm almost
motivated enough to start looking at the source code, something I
haven't considered in years.  XFCE may be changing my life.  :-)

Is there a way to make Switch go backwards?  Since I can't see what
the next alt-tab will bring, I often go one window too far before I
notice that the window I wanted was one back.  I'd like to be able to
Shift-alt-tab to go back, but I don't see how to do that.  Is there a
"Switch -1"?  Also, the below does not limit Switch to the current
desk like I think it should.

    Key Tab A M Next [CurrentDesk] Switch
    Key Tab A SM Prev [CurrentDesk] Switch

Thanks again.

Jay Pfaffman                           pfaffman at relaxpc.com
+1-415-821-7507 (H)                    +1-415-810-2238 (M)
http://relax.ltc.vanderbilt.edu/~pfaffman/