Am I stupid or is this a taskbar bug?

"Christian V. J. Brüssow" cvjb at epost.de
Fri Jun 21 16:47:51 CEST 2002

Hello Marcin,

Staszyszyn, Marcin schrieb:
> That's strange. I have just downloaded and installed xfce from
> http://www.xfce.org/archive/xfce-cvs-snapshot.tar.gz.

I have repeated my download, and used the link above.

 > Everything works OK
> even with 12 menus. Just try once again, but before that remove old xfce
> executables (especially 'xfce', in your case /usr/bin/xfce) in order to be
> sure old binaries are not used.

I have remove anything (/etc/X11/xfce, /usr/share/xfce/, and
/usr/bin/xfce and /usr/bin/xfwm) from xfce, even my user settings
(renamed to ~/xfce.bak).
Then I have compiled the newly downloaded sources with:

$ ./compile --prefix=/usr --datadir=/usr/share \\
      --sysconfdir=/etc/X11 -- enable-xft --enable-taskbar \\
      --enable-gdm
$ make
$ make install-strip

As a user I have then called xfce_setup, and started my X11 session with
startx.

No changes :-(

It works for me with 12 menus, too, but...
...only when there is not a single entry in this menu.

Christian