Options for smbmount in SMBXFCE (Was: Re[2]: App killed when using the mouse roll? + questions)

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Wed Jul 10 21:00:44 CEST 2002

El mié, 10-07-2002 a las 13:13, MaT escribió:

> Problem witch czech character is a bit more complicated. :-) There are
> plenty of encodings...

As long as were not dealing with utf-8, we only have to worry about the
128 ascii codes defined by the eight bit.

> BTW, I can look for the codetables of all czech encodings somewhere,
> but I think it is in same way already present in the system... Maybe
> something like "cp852.nls" and "iso8859-2.nls"...

I'm attaching a small file which has the ascii correspondence for
latin-1 and text-DOS. If you have access to a box with MS-Word with
latin-2 encoding, then open the attached file as text and then do a
"save as" and specify "text-DOS". This will change all the characters
in the C comments to the corresponding "text-DOS". Mail it back to me
and xfsamba browsing for latin-2 will work if the windows latin-2 and
iso-latin-2 are the same. If there not the same... well let's cross that
bridge when we get there.

Edscott