Questions

Jack Coates jack at monkeynoodle.org
Fri Jul 5 17:34:14 CEST 2002

On Fri, 2002-07-05 at 06:48, Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> Hi Alexandre,
> <snip>
> > 5. If I press Ctl + Shift + Arrow, my mouse pointer moves, instead of
> > selecting whole words... is it on purpose? (I could get used to it, no
> > problem...)
>
> You can remove the key binding responsible for this (I realize that the
> default keybindings aren't optimal)
>
> Anyway, this can be done by tweaking your $HOME/.xfce/xfwmrc (if you
> don't have a $HOME/.xfce/xfwmrc, simply cp the one from
> /etc/X11/xfce/xfwmrc to $HOME/.xfce/xfwmrc)
>
> At the end of that file, comment out the following lines :
>
> Key Left A SC -
> Key Right A SC -
> Key Up A SC -
> Key Down A SC  -
>
> So that at next login, xfwm won't catch those key events.

Hm. Mine does the mouse moving thing too, but those keymaps are
commented:
# Uncomment the following if you want tot remove default keyboard
shortcuts
# (Some applications require this, as they use the same shortcuts)
#Key Tab A M -
#Key Escape A S -
#Key Escape A C -
#Key Left A SC -
#Key Right A SC -
#Key Up A SC -
#Key Down A SC  -
#Key Left A SM  -
#Key Right A SM  -
#Key Up A SM  -
#Key Down A SM  -

Should I uncomment them as the file suggests?
<boodely-boodely-boo>
Yes! Woohoo!!!

Thanks,
Jack