filmanagers

David Wijnants dwijnants at askalix.com
Thu Jul 4 15:52:06 CEST 2002

James Tappin wrote:
> 3) You can drag files into a terminal window and it handles it usefully
> (though this is probably more a function of konsole than of konqueror)

A guy I work with does the same, he drags things from the file manager
into his editor and waits for it to run out of memory. Looks good,
but...

On a good few occasions, he's managed to double-click and run (or single
click, since it was in fact KDE), a two million line .CSV file --- and
then the machine grinds to a halt. Luckily, that doesn't happen anymore,
since I've made the SMB mount with fmask=600 to turn of the executable
bits.

File managers can be *just* as destructive as terminals...