filmanagers

James Tappin sjt at star.sr.bham.ac.uk
Thu Jul 4 15:41:01 CEST 2002

On Thu, 04 Jul 2002 14:23:49 +0100
David Wijnants <dwijnants at askalix.com> wrote:
> I don't use a file mangler myself (command line junkie), but when I
> do, I do prefer one that looks like Windows Exploder - it may not be
> terribly powerful, but it's good enough for shifting files.

I know this is a terrible confession to make on this list, but there is
and has only ever been one file manager that does what I want a file
manager to do the way I want it to do it (and that includes one running
on windoze & macos): kfm/konqueror (xftree is probably #2). Why?:
1) I prefer single click operations
2) It gives the choice of copy, move or link on dragging files from 1
dir to another.
3) You can drag files into a terminal window and it handles it usefully
(though this is probably more a function of konsole than of konqueror)

[I run KDE on the higher-spec machines that I use and XFCE on the lower-end boxes].

James