Question

Richard Beri richberi at aci.on.ca
Sun Dec 1 16:55:47 CET 2002

>   Just for giggles, Richard, try logging out, but leaving the
> applications open when you do. I know that the Xfce session manager
> will open them again, on the same desktops and positions, as they
> were the last time. I would expect KDE to do the same.

Yes, when I log out and leave everything running and log back in all the
programs go to 0,0 (where I left them).  But when I close them and
reopen them they open wherever they like (close to 0,0) but not quite.

I'm picky about this because I have my gkrellm on the top right and I
don't like it covered up!

Isn't there a --geometry switch on programs that tells them at what
position to open?  I remember netscape had one, but I do a mozilla
--help and it doesn't tell me much.