xfsamba can't mount shares

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Fri Aug 30 02:25:09 CEST 2002

On Thu, 2002-08-29 at 17:28, edscott wilson garcia wrote:

> > $ sudo mount -t smbfs -o username=hqda-aic/klemmerj,password=________
> > //ctofs01/Users ~/tmp
> > tdb((null)): tdb_open_ex: could not open file
> > /var/cache/samba/unexpected.tdb: No such file or directory
> > tdb((null)): tdb_open_ex: could not open file
> > /var/cache/samba/unexpected.tdb: No such file or directory
> > tdb((null)): tdb_open_ex: could not open file
> > /var/cache/samba/unexpected.tdb: No such file or directory
> > 1811: session setup failed: ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess (Access denied.)
> > SMB connection failed
> >

> That's something I've never seen. Maybe it has to do with "sudo". I've
> never used it myself. Can you mount the window share on a different
> linux box?

	I'll see but most of the Linux boxes there are servers.  FWLIW this is
also occurring on my laptop at home.  I get the same errors.  I know
that it worked at one time because I was using it about two weeks ago.
Everything else is basically the same except for updated errata packages
from RH and this latest CVS build from the 27th.  Let me know if you
want me to try and do anything.

--
Attention all planets of the Solar Federation.
We have assumed control.