xfsamba can't mount shares

Mattt mattt at expressnet.net.au
Fri Aug 30 02:34:55 CEST 2002

Hey Joe (hehe - don't I feel like Mr Hendrix now...),

  I noticed your pass slip in the list before - however, it just now
occurred to me that there's a better way...

  What I do is make a credentials file (with tight perms) somewhere, and
call that with an smbfs option at mount-time... it's it the man pages...

  Having the passwords in your fstab file (assuming you have them there)
is unsafe...

--
Cheers,
 Mattt.                           icq   : 117539757
 mattt at expressnet.net.au          jabber: mattt at jabber.expressnet.net.au

   I always wanted to be someone. I should have been more specific...