xfsamba can't mount shares

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Thu Aug 29 23:28:23 CEST 2002

On Thu, 2002-08-29 at 14:54, Joe Klemmer wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-08-29 at 15:43, edscott wilson garcia wrote:
>
> > Look for the kernel smbfs module. On the box I'm at its at
> > /lib/modules/2.4.7-10/kernel/fs/smbfs.
>
> 	It's there.  For me it's -
>
> /lib/modules/2.4.18-10/kernel/fs/smbfs/smbfs.o
>
> > OTH, you should try to do a mount from a terminal,
> > $smbmount -o username=user,password=pass //box/share /mntpoint
> > and see what happens.
>
> 	When I tried the above command I got an error saying it needed to be
> run as an option to the mount command.  I did that and it said only root
> could run it.  So...  I sudo'ed it and this is what I get -
>
> $ sudo mount -t smbfs -o username=hqda-aic/klemmerj,password=joezilla10
> //ctofs01/Users ~/tmp
> tdb((null)): tdb_open_ex: could not open file
> /var/cache/samba/unexpected.tdb: No such file or directory
> tdb((null)): tdb_open_ex: could not open file
> /var/cache/samba/unexpected.tdb: No such file or directory
> tdb((null)): tdb_open_ex: could not open file
> /var/cache/samba/unexpected.tdb: No such file or directory
> 1811: session setup failed: ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess (Access denied.)
> SMB connection failed

That's something I've never seen. Maybe it has to do with "sudo". I've
never used it myself. Can you mount the window share on a different
linux box?

> 	I'm also attaching the two pop-up messages so you can see what they
> look like.

I believe the greek in the second popup is due to the fact that errno is
not set by the error, so xfsamba prints whatever it finds. This bug is
cosmetic, but should be fixed.