xfce fails to restart applications

Collins erichey2 at attbi.com
Sat Aug 24 17:29:00 CEST 2002

[ snips ]

On Sat, 24 Aug 2002 17:03:57 +0200 MaT <mat at razdva.cz> wrote:
> > On Sat, 24 Aug 2002 00:53:10 +0200 MaT <mat at razdva.cz> wrote:
> Session> managment saves information about
> >"galeon-bin" and then it tries to> restart it - but - it won't run,
> >without the variables from the> script...
> >>

> > True enough, but it soesn't explain the variability.  If the WM
> > can restart skipstone-bin, for example, most of the time, why does
> > it fail other times?  sylpheed doesn't have a start script, and it
> > can fail, too.  Most of my restarts are immediately after boot, so
> > the environment should be the same each time I start xfwm/xfce.

[ theory snipped ]

This isn't a problem with restart without reboot, and the theory still
doesn't explain the variability of the problem.

My guess would be that it's an extremely subtle problem with what xfwm
saves in its session history at quit time.

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area - WWTLRD? - Code Python
gentoo(since 01/01/01) kernel 2.4.18+(ext3) xfce-sylpheed-skipstone