xfpager geometry Was: key bindings to start applications

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Sat Aug 17 07:36:00 CEST 2002

Dmitry DELTA Malykhanov <d726f6e at SDF.LONESTAR.ORG> writes:

> OK, next thing -- I've changed the GTK theme engine on my desktop machine.
> Suddenly xfpager became "normal". Now it's always taking the position,
> specified in the xfwmrc file, even when I'm switching back to the cdemu
> theme.

On reading this, I hoped changing my gtk theme would have the same
effect.

Is there more to changing that than clicking the pallette icon and
selection one in Xfce then saying `apply' then `ok'?

I did that and see no change whatever.  However I notice a phenomena
with changing gtk engines.  I changed from `metal' to `notif'
When I pressed `apply'  The background color changed but nothing else
seemed to.  On restart the other background is back.  Doesn't seem to
actually do any thing when these themes are changed.  Not to mention
the pager behaviour has remained the same.

Clicking the palette icon again I see notif is the one selected so
apparently it has been changed.  But I don't actually see any
difference.

Changing again to `thinice' press `apply' press ok. The background
goes to light grey.

Restart.  Nothing has changed.  But looking at pallette, it now shows
`thinice'.   What should I see?  It is apparently the same as it was.