Autohide xfce

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Fri Apr 12 23:05:21 CEST 2002

Olli,

> Why?

The easy answer would be because, unlike MS windows,  you can move the
panel anyware on the screen, so hiding the panel to a specific border
would not make much sense.

> This seems to be the answer to a lot of questions here. And often we don't get any reasoning why...

Hey, this is Joe. Joe is against everything, that's it ;-)

> Just because Windows/KDE/Gnome has this feature and XFCE doesn't currently have?

Obviously not, Xfce is not design for or against Windows, KDE or GNOME.

I'll see what we can do for Xfce 4, but for sure that won't be in Xfce
3.x

Cheers,
--
Olivier               <fourdan at xfce.org>            http://www.xfce.org
XFce is a lightweight  desktop  environment  for  various *NIX systems.