Autohide xfce

Jasper Huijsmans j.b.huijsmans at hetnet.nl
Fri Apr 12 22:17:38 CEST 2002

Op vr 12-04-2002, om 20:55 schreef Olli Salonen:
> > 	Ahem.
> >
> > 	No.  And it shouldn't have this feature.
>
> Why?
>
> This seems to be the answer to a lot of questions here. And often we don't get any reasoning why...
>
> Just because Windows/KDE/Gnome has this feature and XFCE doesn't currently have?

Actually we hired Joe to be as negative as possible about any feature
requests so we don't have to implement them. It's a thankless job, but
someone's got to do it.
:-)

On a more serious note, xfce is famous for its speed and that's for a
reason: no unnecessary fancy stuff. I'm not saying that your particular
request is unnecessary, just that people here tend to be a bit more
conservative than with the other desktop environments you mentioned.

In my opinion the autohide feature for the panel is quite unnecessary,
since you can just let windows cover it if you need the screen space.
Also, the feature is much better suited to edge panels like the ones
found in GNOME and KDE (and windows).
BTW, you can iconify the panel if you want.

	Jasper