[Xfce-i18n] Translations polishing / 4.14 Release Schedule

Vinzenz Vietzke vinz at vinzv.de
Tue Apr 30 12:17:19 CEST 2019

Hi translators,

as not everyone might be subscribed to the other mailing lists I'm
forwarding this announcement here as well [1].

=== Deadlines ===

One thing I'd like to pick out is these dates:

2019-05-19 	Xfce 4.14pre1 (Soft String Freeze)
2019-06-30 	Xfce 4.14pre2 (String + Code Freeze)
2019-07-28 	Xfce 4.14pre3 (Final Freeze)

Until then translations should be done as completely as possible. So
after all the years of slow but steady translations it's about time to
get stuff polished and finalized. I propose to target 2019-06-30 to get
most of the work done as afterwards ideally nothing or at least not too
many strings will change.

=== Current State ===

I pulled out the current tranlsations state from Transifex and dumped it
to the wiki [2].

As you can see there's quite a lot already done, yet some
widely used languages could need some help. So you (or someone you
know) would like to jump in - here's the chance!

=== i18n QA ===

Looking at the lower end of [2] there's a thing I'd to be discussed: do
we include all languages right away? Or are there some to be left out
due to lack of completeness?
And if so: where to draw the line?

Thanks for your time!

Regards,