[Xfce-i18n] Translations polishing / 4.14 Release Schedule

Emanuele Petriglia inbox at emanuelepetriglia.com
Tue Apr 30 18:44:32 CEST 2019

Hi Vinzenz,

This news is very exciting! I have some question about the translations,
this is the first time I take part a release as a translator.

1. What does it mean "soft string freeze" and "string + code Freeze"?
Are that strings related only for source strings or also for translated
strings?
2. What is the last day on we can contribute to localization, before the
packages will be frozen?
3. I usually localize strings on the master branch, after there will be
new branches (pre1, pre2, ettc.) do we should translate only on these?

There is also an additional question: how can we manage credits for
translators? The list on the website is really old, we should take the
informations from Transifex (maybe with a script) for all translators.

> Looking at the lower end of [2] there's a thing I'd to be discussed: do
we include all languages right away? Or are there some to be left out
due to lack of completeness?
And if so: where to draw the line?

What I think: how many string overall there are in Xfce? How many of
there are localized? We should take a percent value of translated
strings, for example X=50% or 60%, and if there is a language with less
than X% localized strings, then it won't be included in the release.

--
Emanuele Petriglia (ema-pe)