[Xfce-i18n] Confusing instructions on the web site

Sveinn í Felli sv1 at fellsnet.is
Wed Apr 24 17:54:58 CEST 2019

Þann 24.4.2019 14:23, skrifaði scootergrisen:
> Den 24-04-2019 kl. 15:55 skrev Vinzenz Vietzke:

>>> Guess you have to go to each of the 19 projects and check if the
>>> language is there or request it like on:
>>> https://www.transifex.com/xfce/exo/dashboard/
>>
>> Exactly. Sometimes Transifex is painful.
>> That's why I asked about the details on interlingue to avoid
>> unnecessary click work.
>>
>> Regards,
>> vinz.
>>

> Some things are smart on Transifex and some things are not.
> Ctrl+click all the project's links to open 19 tabs.
> Ctrl+tab to switch between tabs and press End key to scroll to bottom.
> Ctrl+tab to swtich between tabs and click the request a new language link.
> Ctrl+tab to swtich between tabs and click the language list and type
> "ie" or whatever language code you are looking to create and click it.
> Ctrl+tab to switch between tabs and click Request button.
>
> So i guess at least 114 clicks + the key presses.
>
> Or you could just request the language in the project you want to
> translate and wait with the others until you are ready to translate them.

The structure of the XFCE-project on Transifex also makes it complicated
for those translating offline via tx-client:

First there's 'tx init' to prepare the directory, then for each file you
have to issue separate commands:
tx set --auto-remote https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/thunar
tx set --auto-remote https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/exo
tx set --auto-remote https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/garcon
tx set --auto-remote https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/tumbler
tx set --auto-remote https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/xfconf
etc, etc...
set --auto-remote https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/xfce-www
tx set --auto-remote https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/xfdesktop
tx set --auto-remote https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/xfwm4

And finally to update/submit the files:
tx pull -l is (my language code)
tx push -t

Most projects on Transifex have a top-level project above the individual
files, normally it's enough to issue a one-line command to configure
'set --auto-remote' for all the files:

tx set --auto-remote https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/antix-development
or
tx set --auto-remote https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/owncloud

This means that these projects have just one 'Join team' button for all
the sub-projects/files.

Perhaps simplifying the structure should be investigated further?

Just thoughts,
Sveinn í Felli