[Xfce-i18n] New translator

Alois Mahdal Alois.Mahdal.1-ndmail at zxcvb.cz
Sun Oct 20 00:10:40 CEST 2013

Hello everyone :)

My name is Alois Mahdal. I am a longtime Linux/Unix user and I want
to help with the translation of Xfce to Czech.

OK, that's enough of copying Ronny :)

I have some experience in field of software localization,
although not the translation itself, but rather some simple
engineering tasks like bug fixing (of errors caused or emerged
by L10N) and synchronization of the strings before and after
translation.  Other than that, I do software QA for living for
over five years now (last six months being in purely UNIX-like
environment), so when it comes to general understanding of
concepts of software and its development, I'm pretty at home in
this.

I believe I have good grip of English as well as Czech, which
is my primary native language (the other being Slovak).  I'm not
very experienced in translation itself though, so I might need
help with adopting some standard practices and finding right
terms -- also I must admit that most of software I use is set to
English.

I tend to be a very busy person, so I would not like to promise
more than half an hour a week.  However, with any work, I do
tend to drop into a "working spree", so it's generally good for
me to keep longer task queue.

Thanks,
aL.

--