[Xfce-i18n] xfce4-weather-plugin string freeze

Seong-ho Cho darkcircle.0426 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 18:16:17 CET 2013

excuse me, but there is no pot file in the xfce transifex site. someone and
I need pot file to complete translation.
(but I found a way how to create pot manually from the source tree of the
xfce4-weather-plugin at now :S.)
so could I give some advice for helping translators?

some translators can be as a developer, but another translators are NOT(
they're being for just "translation" ). I'm one of the latter. :P
most of all translators are sluggardly to create pot file and some of them
don't care how to make pot file or update translation message list.

xfce4-weather-plugin source tree would be better to have some script to
create po-template file. that just contains below two line.
(you can name that file as "createpot.sh" or as your prefer.)

#!/bin/bash
/usr/bin/xgettext --keyword=_ --add-comments --from-code=UTF-8
panel-plugin/*.[ch] --output=~/xfce4-weather-plugin.master.untitled.pot

(this script will be made pot file for xfce4-weather-plugin into
home-root-directory.)
if we run this script on the source tree root(we maybe know that we should
better to install gettext package into the system until execute this
script. this package is *required* to extract message into pot file), we'll
get one complete pot file for translating xfce4-weather-plugin's ui
message. we can update po message list quickly from pot file by using an
editor such as poedit, gtranslator, or babel.

if this way is not considered as useful thing, please tell transifex
translation system to make pot file automatically when source tree is
changed.