[Xfce-i18n] xfce4-weather-plugin string freeze

Harald Judt h.judt at gmx.at
Fri Jan 25 13:12:28 CET 2013

Hi,

Am 24.01.2013 21:38, schrieb Johannes Lips:
> Hi Harald,
>
> are you intending to give credit to the source of the descriptions, i.e.
> mostly wikipedia, or?

Sure, no problem. How about a credits entry in the details tab? As for
the sources, this is not so easy: While some descriptions - mostly those
for the units - are copied to various degrees from wikipedia, others
have been assembled from misc sources, like articles I read,
websites,... but then in effect written from scratch. I don't know
exactly anymore which bits of information are coming from which sources
and didn't find it necessary to declare that in detail.

> I probably would reduce them a bit and remove unecessary stuff, like the
> information that the speed limits in the UK and USA are in miles.
> I will try to adapt the German translations to roughly match the English
> strings, but it's a lot of work, probably.

Surely I could trim them down a bit, maybe rewrite some parts. I'll have
to read through the texts and consider which parts are unnecessary. Do
you have any more proposals regarding this, what to change and how?

I'd appreciate your help both with the original text and the translation
very much. Although I'm more interested in programming, I will spend
some time to work on the German translation file too. In fact, I've
already translated everything that is new to this version, except the
descriptions.

Harald

--
`Experience is the best teacher.'