[Xfce-i18n] Xfce 4.8 entering string freeze / schedule information

Mișu Moldovan dumol at xfce.org
Mon Dec 6 08:57:18 CET 2010

În data de 05.12.2010 la 18:30:22, Jannis Pohlmann a scris:
> Hi everyone,
>
> just a few seconds ago, we released Xfce 4.8pre2. Today starts what
> we call "string freeze". It means that from now on until the final
> 4.8 release, strings in the master branches of Xfce core components
> may no longer be changed. There may be a few exceptions, you never
> know. But in general this means that translators can now rely on the
> strings to be stable until the final release.

Hi,

Is there an easy route for translators to test Xfce 4.8? A virtual
machine? A graphical installer? A script that automates building Xfce
4.8 from source? Checking the localized interface by running the
programs is important for the quality of localization.

Thanks,

--
mișu