[Xfce-i18n] Some doubts about the new translation workflow

Leandro Regueiro leandro.regueiro at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 19:28:13 CEST 2009

>>> Uploading several .po files at once doesn't work either.
>>
>> This sucks!!! For translating openSuse we have a system called
>> Vertaal. Its predecessor let to upload a tar.gz with fifty .po files
>> or more.
>
> The proposed action for this would be: take a zipped set of files with
> standard naming (see the naming scheme used when you download a file
> through Transifex), and for each file, break the name, identify the
> various targets, and issue a submission.
>
> But, this is kinda overkill. The best way would be to have a
> command-line tool that communicates with the Tx API and does these
> things.
>
> Are you a Python programmer? :)

I program some things in Python, but not at a high level.

This is a great idea if this could be done :) The best way is to ask
Transifex developers to include this feature. Someone could fill this
in their bugzilla, I have to go rigth now, and I have no Internet
connection in fifteen days.

Bye,
               Leandro Regueiro