[Xfce-i18n] Transifex issue

Og Maciel ogmaciel at gnome.org
Wed Oct 28 14:17:35 CET 2009

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 3:12 AM, Per Kongstad <p_kongstad at op.pl> wrote:
> The comment above is also related to the #325 which is planned to be
> in milestone 9. Please have a look at it on transifex.net. To add
> the solution to milestone 8 shouldn't be a big issue. I have raised
> the issue also here on this list with a solution to no avail.
> "We are not going to hack on Transifex" was the reply.

I can understand this reply as if the problem exists, which seems to
be the case, it is an upstream problem and not Xfce's. The correct
thing to do is wait for Transifex to fix it and then get the update. I
just took a look at issue #325 and sounds like it should be pretty
easy to fix. Let me talk to the Tx guys about it today.

> My point is just that a translator most likely just want to have a
> reliable system without having to know how it is working.
> If you cannot have trust in the system and zero reaction for taking
> care of them I'm pretty sure that many will just give up.
> I'm starting to think this way myself.

Please don't feel that way as the system is working for the most part
really well. Now that we've started this thread we can get the right
parties engaged and fix it really quick. I completely understand your
frustration but believe me when I tell you that the Transifex guys do
keep our (us translators) best interests at heart.

Thanks again for getting this going. I'll do my best to relay
information from both ends via this mailing list so that everyone is
updated on the progress (and we will make progress I'm sure) of this
issue.

Cheers,
--
Og B. Maciel