[Xfce-i18n] string statistics & more

Gabor Kelemen kelemeng at gnome.hu
Mon Jun 22 10:01:41 CEST 2009

Per Kongstad írta:
> But what is the advantage for you to use Transifex over the Xfce?

I see currently two advantages:
- Po files and statistics are updated automagically on code change in
repository - this is why the stats linked by Evangelos on the Transifex
page are not the same as the ones on the xfce page. For example:

http://i18n.xfce.org/stats/show_po.php?lang=hu&branch=xfce/trunk&component=libexo&po
"POT-Creation-Date: 2009-04-08 13:54+0200\n"
"PO-Revision-Date: 2009-06-09 03:10+0200\n"

and
http://www.transifex.net/projects/libexo/trunk/view/po/hu.po
"POT-Creation-Date: 2009-06-21 22:31+0000\n"
"PO-Revision-Date: 2009-06-09 03:10+0200\n"

 One of these contains two fuzzy strings, while the other one makes me
think everything is fine. Which is which?

- Possibility of committing via a web interface. No more waiting for svn
up commands to complete. No more unnecessary bandwidth-wasting. This can
be very important to translators with narrow band access only - see the
gnome-i18n@ archives since the git migration for evidence :).

+1:
- There is also some support for team workflow, so that one translator
can lock the file he is working on, preventing others to make duplicate
work.

Certainly, adopting Transifex would mean some extra work for the web
site maintainers, but I think from the translator's point of view, it
would worth it.

Regards
Gabor Kelemen