[Xfce-i18n] strings in gigolo

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at uvena.de
Mon Dec 14 19:46:49 CET 2009

On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 20:58:19 +0100, gianluca wrote:

Hi,

>>> I'm translating gigolo to italian.
>>> I compiled the app from git and noticed that two strings in the UI
>>> (preferences->Interface) are not available for translation in the
>>> pot file.
>>
>> Which ones?
>> I checked the code and couldn't find any strings which are not marked
>> as translatable. But it would be easier to find those if you could
>> tell the English strings.
>> Thanks.
>
>The picture attached shows the difference between the 0.3.2 and the
>git version.
>On the left, there is the 0.3.2 and on the right the git version.
>You can see that in the git version (right) there is one string
>untranslated.
>This one and the associated tooltip are the two strings that I don't
>find in the pot file.
>
>gluca at glfhome:~$ grep "side panel" xfce/tx/gigolo/master/po/gigolo.pot
>msgid "Show 'Browse Network' side panel"
>"Whether to show a side panel for browsing the local network for
>available "

Both strings are properly marked as translatable.Only the message
catalogues weren't up to date. I think translators should update them
using "./waf --update-po" or "make -C po update-po" manually before
starting translating anything to get sure they get the latest source
code changes into the .po files.
Anyway, I did it now for you. Be careful when pulling as it would
overwrite your previously done changes. That's one of the reasons why
translators should do this on their own, IMO.

Thanks anyway for your efforts.

Regards,
Enrico