[Xfce-i18n] Parole translation

Ali Abdallah aliov at xfce.org
Thu Dec 10 16:26:21 CET 2009

Mike Massonnet wrote:
> 2009/12/10 Ali Abdallah <aliov at xfce.org>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I had to add a new string to the settings dialog, i'm sorry, it was
>> unavoidable, it is to give an option to disable screen saver resetting,
>> could you please update your translations as BTW if everything goes fine we
>> will release the version 0.2 next week.
>>

> This is an option I except to be done in the background. Only avoid
> the screen saver when playing a video. Out of curiosity, why this
> option?

Ideally the player should always reset the screen saver counter when it
is playing video stream, this is the case for Parole, but for some
reason and on some cases, XResetScreenSaver is dimming the screen to
random levels, i added this option just as a defensive programing :)

>> Also if you add a new translation, drop me a mail so i can add your name in
>> the about dialog, usually i'm watching xfce-commits, but just in case.
>>

> With gtkaboutdialog, you can set the translator credits to the string
> _("translator-credits")[0]. This message can than be used to put the
> translators names. If you don't use gtkaboutdialog, you can copy this
> method.
>
> http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk/unstable/GtkAboutDialog.html#gtk-about-dialog-set-translator-credits
>
> It makes life much easier instead of maintaining yourself the credits :-)

The GtkAboutDialog is a lot easier, but i'm using the XfceAboutDialog,
which basically shows all the translators, i'm not sure how to automate
this here and if libxfce4ui will provide something like that.

> Cheers

Cheers,
Ali