[Xfce-i18n] master or xfce-4.6

Stavros Giannouris stavrosg at hellug.gr
Mon Aug 24 14:11:26 CEST 2009

2009/8/24 Dmitriy Kudryashov <overmailed at gmail.com>:
> Hi, Mike,
>
> I wonder what is the proper branch to commit. As far as i understand
> being stable the 'xfce-4.6' is frozen and any future releases will be
> made from the 'master' branch. Am I right?

The next Major (4.8) version will come from 'master', indeed.
But translation the 4.6 branch will not be useless, either. It is
feature-frozen, which means that there will be another version when
enough bugfixes and translations accumulate there.

> And the other point is duplicate translations - one lock a .po and
> translates it in, say, 'xfce-4.6' branch and the other does the same
> with the 'master' branch and never knows that is was already been
> done.

A case like this should be avoided if you are coordinated right.

Regards,
S.