[Xfce-i18n] foo clarification xfce4-power-manager

Ali Abdallah ali.slackware at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 14:52:19 CEST 2008

Per Kongstad wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please clarify following
>
> #: xfpm-battery-icon.c:515
> msgid " Battery charge"

Is this a header or what does this mean.

i changed to battery charge level

> #: xfpm-driver.c:287
> msgid "Unable to get adapter status, the power manager will not work
> properly. Possible reasons: ac adapter driver is not loaded into the
> kernel broken connection with the hardware abstract layer or the message
> bus daemon is not running"
>
> Please consider rearranging this sentence.
>
> #: xfpm-driver.c:882
> msgid "Unable to use power management service, functionalities like
> hibernate and shutdown will not work Possible reasons: you don't have
> enough permission or abroken connection with the hardware abstract layer
> or the message bus daemon is not running"
>
> Same for this one

I did some rearraging right now, but if you have better idea about how
those two sentences could be please let me know as my main language
isn't english.

> #: xfpm-hal.c:640
> #: xfpm-hal.c:729
> #: xfpm-hal.c:822
> #: xfpm-hal.c:871
> #: xfpm-hal.c:921
> #: xfpm-hal.c:973
> #: xfpm-hal.c:1025
> #: xfpm-hal.c:1071
> msgid "Out of memmory"
>
> Please correct to memory

done.
> #: xfpm-main.c:89
> msgid "Unable to read HOME environment variable, autostart option may
> not work"
>
> Shall HOME be translated.

i changed to something can be translatable
> #: xfpm-main.c:268
> msgid "Impossible to run Xfce4 power manager, Please make sure that the
> hardware abstract layer (HAL) is running and then message bus daemon
> (DBus) is running."
>
> Please correct spellingmistakes .
>
> #: xfpm-settings.c:539
> #: xfpm-settings.c:632
> msgid "Userspace"

Those are the kernel cpu governors, i don't really know what i can put
here, the governors are
userspace,ondemand,powersave,performance,conservative, i don't know even
how to translate these to my main language, so please suggestions.

> ???
> Please add comments for such usage of words. It will help to create
> better translations.
>
> Looking forward to your quick response.
>
> When needed information present the last percentage will be translated
> and the Danish version will enter proof-reading.
>
> Best regards
>
> Per Kongstad

Huge thanks,

Best Regards,