[Xfce-i18n] xfcalendar 4.5.14.5-svn

Abel Martín abel.martin.ruiz at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 19:52:19 CEST 2008

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 12:51 PM, Jari Rahkonen
<jari.rahkonen at pp1.inet.fi> wrote:
> Per Kongstad kirjoitti:
>> Dear Juha Kautto,
>>
>> Could you please clarify a few questions for translation of this
>> application.
>
> I'm not Juha, but I here's what he did in the Finnish translation:

Hi, I have some doubts about translating one of these strings.

>> 1.    \tVTODO not complete; not archived
>>     Shall we translate VTODO, maybe indicate that in comments
>
> Not translated.
>
>> 2.   \tPHASE 1: reset recurring appointments
>>     Shall we translate PHASE, maybe indicate that in comments
>
> Translated, nothing special about this one.
>
>> 3.   ... Patched DCREATED to be CREATED.
>>     Shall we translate DCREATED, maybe indicate that in comments
>
> Not translated. (Although he did introduce a typo, "DCCREATED". I should
> probably take some time to check the translation as an extra pair of
> eyes never hurts...)

I kept PHASE capitalisation in the Spanish translation, but shall we
fully capitalise the translation for CREATED? I mean, in Spanish, this
should be something like: "DCCREATED parcheado a ser CREADO". I'd
prefer "DCCREATED a ser creado" because I think capitalisation is used
in this case because DCCREATED and CREATED are very similar.

Is CREATED the past participle for the verb create in this sentence? I
checked the German translation and CREATED isn't translated.

What does DCCREATED mean?

>> 4.   \tUsing libnotify.\n
>>     Shall we translate libnotify, maybe indicate that in comments
>
> No, it's the name of a library so it shouldn't be translated.
>
>> 5.   \n
>>     %02d d %02d h %02d min to: %s
>>     min means here?
>
> d = days, h = hours, min = minutes