[Xfce-i18n] Reporting errors

Brian J. Tarricone kelnos at xfce.org
Sun Oct 19 22:11:02 CEST 2008

On Sun, 19 Oct 2008 21:53:56 +0200 Per Kongstad wrote:

> Hi Jannis and Brian,
>
> Couldn't we find a common way of reporting errors in translation
> strings somehow.
>
> I'm coordinating the Danish Team and have not found any common way to
> report errors and other issues.
>
> It's not always easy to guess what the text actually says and mean.
> This will lead to very imprecise translations.

Yes, this could be improved.  We have a general 'translations'
component in bugzilla in the Xfce product, but I think of that as more
of a place to report errors in .po files, not issues with the original
strings. (At any rate, those sorts of errors should be discussed here
anyway; I don't think bugzilla is a great place for that.)

I guess if something is unclear, ask here on this list.  Some of the
developers regularly read this list too.  I tend to skim it, but a
subject line like "unclear English string 'foo'" would probably catch my
eye.

	-brian