[Xfce-i18n] Reporting errors

Per Kongstad p_kongstad at op.pl
Sun Oct 19 21:53:56 CEST 2008

Hi Jannis and Brian,

Couldn't we find a common way of reporting errors in translation strings
somehow.

I'm coordinating the Danish Team and have not found any common way to
report errors and other issues.

It's not always easy to guess what the text actually says and mean. This
will lead to very imprecise translations.

Also some of the applications need to take use of Pluralis constructions.

And finally I wonder how we could have Xubuntu 8.04 LTS updated to
reflect our translations!

I have been in contact with Cody head of Xubuntu and he wasn't able to
explain how this whole machine is working. He recommended issuing bugs
for missing translations pointing at the tarball!

So if some of you highly competent developers could put some light on
this, I would be greatful.

Best regards

Per Kongstad

http://i18n.xfce.org/wiki/team_dk