[Xfce-i18n] [nb_NO] Updates to goodies xfce4-dict and xfce-mailwatch-plugin

Per Kongstad p_kongstad at op.pl
Sun Oct 5 10:25:14 CEST 2008

Thanks Max,

The reason for my questions is, that how can one make that the
translation is ported to present distribution.

As an example Xubuntu 8.04 LTS (Long Term Service). To my knowledge 8.10
being due 30.10.2008 will not be offered as an upgrade to 8.04
automatically.

This may lead to users upgrading to or installing 8.10 will have the
language while the LTS will not. This will be inconsistent!

I have been in contact with the project leader of Xubuntu, and he
pointed out, that we have to issue a bug-report pointing to the tarball
with the missing translation.

How do we as translators know where to point to?

I think the whole idea to translate into locale languages is to give
persons access to software in their own language! If present valid
distributions do not take care of updating the language files I see
possible waste of translations.

I think that we both agree, that translations should be done in the
project it self.

But to my knowledge Gnome is doing distribution on stringlevel.

Best regards

Per Kongstad