[Xfce-i18n] [nb_NO] Updates to goodies xfce4-dict and xfce-mailwatch-plugin

Maximilian Schleiss maximilian at xfce.org
Sun Oct 5 10:11:00 CEST 2008

Le dimanche 05 octobre 2008 à 09:02 +0200, Per Kongstad a écrit :
> Dear Max,

Hi Per,

> How is cooperation with different distros working?
>
> Is there a standard procedure and how are the translations we are
> committing being used.

As far as I can tell (AFAICT for the purists ;-p), the distros grab
modules from a stable branch and make packages. Ubuntu has it's own
translation teams and they continue translating the strings in their own
repositories if needed. They also do so because they patch and modify
some packages and add features and strings that do not find their way in
the main tree for different reasons.

My feeling is that the translators should work in the Xfce tree and not
outside, this is the official place where work should start.

Some distro devs reading the list might want to enlighten us some more
if possible.

> /Per

Best regards,
Max.