[Xfce-i18n] Spanish translations - xubuntu

Per Kongstad p_kongstad at op.pl
Sat Oct 4 22:05:11 CEST 2008

Hi,

As i recall I had an email from Maximilian Schleiss, where he stated
that this will be updated soon. Most likely they are racing against 4.6.

But you should be sending your proposal to the mailing list.

As you might know that could also be the case between UK-English and
US-English.

But anyhow, I find this a good idea to keep one place updated to avoid
doubletranslation etc.

We are a newly born translation team as well being in learning phase as
well.

Best regards

Per Kongstad

Abel Martín wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 9:14 PM, Per Kongstad <p_kongstad at op.pl> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> May i come with a suggestion.
>>
>> We use this homepage to keep control of who reserved a file for
>> translation as will what i present status.
>>
>> Take a look here  http://i18n.xfce.org/wiki/team_dk
>>

> Hi,
>
> I think it's a good idea. Spanish translators page might be more
> complicated, though. Spanish is spoken by far more non-Spanish people
> than Spaniards themselves (I am Spanish myself). It's common to have
> different words to express the same computer concept and this happens
> even between different Spanish speaking countries, so the creation of
> this page should be matter for debate.
>
> Before translating I tried to contact previous translators (as
> recommended in the i18n wiki), but they told me they weren't
> translating any more or didn't answer. I didn't get any answer from
> the translators who are listed here, incidentally.
> http://www.xfce.org/about/credits
> http://i18n.xfce.org/wiki/language_maintainers
>
> Should this information be updated?
>
> Regards,
> Abel
>

>> Best regards
>>
>> Per Kongstad
>>

>> Abel Martín wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm already translating some packages in the trunk, but my name
>>> doesn't appear on the po files because these changes haven't been
>>> committed yet. This is the list of packages I've already translated.
>>>
>>> xfce4-appfinder
>>> squeeze
>>> libexo
>>> xfce-utils