[Xfce-i18n] Spanish translations - xubuntu

Christian Dywan christian at twotoasts.de
Sat Oct 4 23:28:48 CEST 2008

Am Sat, 04 Oct 2008 22:05:11 +0200
schrieb Per Kongstad <p_kongstad at op.pl>:

> Hi,
>
> As i recall I had an email from Maximilian Schleiss, where he stated
> that this will be updated soon. Most likely they are racing against
> 4.6.
>
> But you should be sending your proposal to the mailing list.
>
> As you might know that could also be the case between UK-English and
> US-English.
>
> But anyhow, I find this a good idea to keep one place updated to avoid
> doubletranslation etc.
>
> We are a newly born translation team as well being in learning phase
> as well.

Hey,

as for alternative localizations, that is something not unique to
Spanish at all. To some extend you can and should actually respect
country specific locales as in the example of en_US versus en_UK.
However besides that I would encourage you to actually take a look at
typical Xfce applications and see what words they use. Gnome has word
lists to address the issue -  but Xfce applications do have
small differences in vocabulary, easily observed by using them.

ciao,
    Christian