[Xfce-i18n] Update of German translations for some Goodies

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at uvena.de
Sun Nov 9 23:26:41 CET 2008

On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 23:17:33 +0100, Christian Dywan
<christian at twotoasts.de> wrote:

Hey,

even though nobody asked for my opinion, here it is :):

>> msgid "Take a screenshot of the desktop"
>> msgstr "Bildschirmfoto des Desktops erstellen"
>
>I was confused with regard to the meaning of "desktop" here, due to the
>ambiguity of the term. In this context it actually means "the whole
>screen" or "the whole workspace". And Jérôme agreed that he would be
>fine with the equivalent translation, yet he won't change any things
>before the coming release.
>Would you consider to either of the following:
>
>"Bildschirmfoto des gesamten Bildschirms erstellen"

this is IMO the best and less confusing one.

>"Bildschirmfoto der gesamten Arbeitsoberfläche erstellen"

This leads to the question what exactly means "Arbeitsoberfläche", "des
gesamten Bildschirms" is completely clear.

>>  msgid "Screenshot tool"
>> -msgstr "Bildschirmfoto"
>> +msgstr "Werkzeug für Bildschirmfotos"
>
>I find this literal translation in German very akward. I would suggest
>to go for "Bildschirmfoto erstellen". That's a very intuitve name for
>the item and imho much better.

Yeah,  "Bildschirmfoto erstellen" would also be my choice.

Regards,
Enrico