[Xfce-i18n] Thunar and libexo Russian update

Andrey Fedoseev andrey.fedoseev at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 15:49:24 CET 2007

В Сбт, 20/01/2007 в 15:25 +0100, Maximilian Schleiss пишет:

> > Actually, format specification in 'msgid' and 'msgstr[0]' DO match. Both
> > 'msgid' and 'msgstr[0]' doesn't contain '%u' (while 'msgid_plural'
> > contains '%u'). And if I add '%u' to 'msgstr[0]' the error disappears
> > but it's not valid.
>
> You must be right as I have a similar problem with some polish
> translation here... I'll dig further into it ans keep you informed.

I think I found the problem. It's because .pot wasn't formed
correctly :)

It should look like:

# this message is for just one file
msgid ""
"Are you sure that you want to permanently\n"
"delete the selected file?"
msgstr "..."

# this message is for multiple files
msgid ""
"Are you sure that you want to permanently\n"
"delete the %u selected file?"
msgid_plural ""
"Are you sure that you want to permanently\n"
"delete the %u selected files?"
msgstr[0] "..."
msgstr[1] "..."
msgstr[2] "..."

ngettext should used only for string containing numbers. If string
doesn't contain number ("Are you sure that you want to permanently
delete the selected file?") it should be moved to separate message.

Similar discussion can be found here http://trac.gajim.org/ticket/624
There was another discussion on that topic at Quodlibet's Trac, but
unfortunately it's lost permanently.

--
Regards!
Andrey Fedoseev <andrey.fedoseev at gmail.com>