[Xfce-i18n] Some minor corrections to the french translation

Maximilian Schleiss maxschleiss at bluewin.ch
Sat Nov 25 00:18:05 CET 2006

Niki Kovacs wrote:

> 1) Thunar.
>
> "Document texte plein" is an "anglicisme". "Plain text" means "simple",
> so replace it by "document texte simple".

Could not find that string, are you sure this is in thunar? Please be so
kind to verify and tell me where you found it.
> 2) Terminal.
>
> La barre de défilement est "désactivé". Replace this by "désactivée"
> (accord de l'adjectif attribut du sujet, féminin singulier)

It seems to me that this string is used by more than one command. If I
change it to "désactivée" you will write again saying that "fichier :
désactivée" should be... I have no solution to this apart from changing
the answer to something like "option désactivée", that would fit all the
strings.

> 3)  Thunar and/or XFDesktop
>
> "Monter/démonter/éjecter le volume". Even if I understand what you mean,
> the meaning is ambiguous in french. Replace "volume" by "périphérique",
> and people will wonder less why you want things to be more loud :oD

Done.

> 4) Thunar
>
> "Configurer les actions personnalisée" -> add an "s" to the adjective.

Done.

> "Ouvrir le père" -> replace by "Ouvrir le répertoire parent"

You are not using SVN because this string has allready been changed
sometime ago by Gérald if I recall.

> Apart from these minor quirks, a huge pat on the translator's shoulders:
> bon boulot!

Thank you for the tips.

> Cheers,
>
> Niki (Montpezat, 30730)