[Xfce-i18n] Some minor corrections to the french translation

Niki Kovacs contact at kikinovak.net
Tue Nov 21 04:41:59 CET 2006

Hi,

Sorry if I can't really contribute much to the project, since my new
sysadmin job barely leaves me time. Just to say that here ( = Communauté
de Communes du Pays de Sommières), we have several computers (and more
every week) running Slackware Linux 11.0 with XFCE-4.4RC2, in the town
hall as well as the public library. People really like it!

Quick recollection of some quirks.

1) Thunar.

"Document texte plein" is an "anglicisme". "Plain text" means "simple",
so replace it by "document texte simple".

2) Terminal.

La barre de défilement est "désactivé". Replace this by "désactivée"
(accord de l'adjectif attribut du sujet, féminin singulier)

3)  Thunar and/or XFDesktop

"Monter/démonter/éjecter le volume". Even if I understand what you mean,
the meaning is ambiguous in french. Replace "volume" by "périphérique",
and people will wonder less why you want things to be more loud :oD

4) Thunar

"Configurer les actions personnalisée" -> add an "s" to the adjective.

"Ouvrir le père" -> replace by "Ouvrir le répertoire parent"

Apart from these minor quirks, a huge pat on the translator's shoulders:
bon boulot!

Cheers,

Niki (Montpezat, 30730)