[Xfce-i18n] Translations in Rosetta

Stavros Giannouris stavrosg2002 at freemail.gr
Tue May 16 15:23:12 CEST 2006

On Tue, 16 May 2006 07:54:41 -0300
"Rodrigo Coacci" <rcoacci at gmail.com> wrote:

> In fact I don't quite understand why should someone subscribe in two
> diferent sites, since if you translate and send your contributions to
> xfce-i18n, they are committed with the sources and *ubuntu packagers
> get them automatically... For me that argument of having to subscribe
> for two sites is quite pointless. Unless *ubuntu people likes to make
> their own translations of things. But again its pointless since both
> translations will be alike.

They do it, AFAIK, and without telling upstream about it.
How do I know? I've found twice that some Greek Xfce translations
updated by people in rosetta[1] and noone told me about the
corrections / additions, ending up me (or them ;-) ) doing duplicate
work :(

[1] Which is fine by me, but only if there is some provision that the
actual project be notified about it. anyway...
Stavros Giannouris                          Jabber: stavrosg at jabber.org

"Hello. I'm a signature virus.
Just copy me to your signature  to help me spread"