[Xfce-i18n] Translations in Rosetta

Daichi Kawahata daichi at xfce.org
Fri May 5 08:40:00 CEST 2006

On Thu, 4 May 2006 16:54:27 -0300
Álvaro Justen [Turicas] wrote:

> Hello,

Hi,

> I use Ubuntu as my default distro and use XFCE as default
> window manager. I'm in a project called Xubuntu, that is
> Ubuntu with XFCE as default window manager.
> I created a Brazilian Team to translate Xubuntu software,
> but it is very hard to translate XFCE, because it is in
> other server (and don't has Rosetta ;)
> XFCE (and it's packages) is the unique Xubuntu software
> that isn't in Rosetta, so users that want to translate
> Xubuntu have to subscribe in two different sites, and
> translations of XFCE aren't synchronized directly for [X]Ubuntu.
> I want to know if is possible to migrate XFCE translations
> to Rosetta.
> Rosetta is a site that manage .po files and allow
> users to quickly translate online, or download .po files,
> translate offline and them upload translated files.
> Rosetta is developed by Ubuntu Team and has many languages.
> I think that with Rosetta XFCE translation will be stimulated.
> More information: http://www.launchpad.net/rosetta

I, now, register at that site, am going to test by myself.
Although it's too late to use Rosetta in the process of
forthcoming 4.4, if I (the other translators, developers,
and repository maintainers) will find it useful, then it'll
be used as one of the ways for a translation.

Minor corrections, Xfce is spelled Xfce, and desktop environment.

Daichi

Language Codes: http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/IG/ert/iso639.htm
Country Codes: http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/http/related/iso3166.txt