[Xfce-i18n] Call for help: DocBook file translation

Daichi Kawahata daichi at xfce.org
Sun Jan 22 17:17:48 CET 2006

On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 00:41:39 -0800 (PST)
Dotan Kamber wrote:

> As a translator to RTL language (Hebrew in this case)
> I'm far in favore of leaving the docbook aside.
> Currently docbook requires ugly tricks to give decent
> RTL support and it holds back any documentation
> translation effort to RTL languages.

Yes, I thought it could be the matter for you, so an embedded
URL refers translated/updated Wiki in Hebrew, does that resolve
the problem or what dirty hack do you have to other than using
a customized CSS (xfce-rtl.css)?

Is there an Arabic language translator? what I'd like to ask is
if the problem in Hebrew can be resolved, does that also fix the
problem in Arabic?

Daichi

Language Codes: http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/IG/ert/iso639.htm
Country Codes: http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/http/related/iso3166.txt