[Xfce-i18n] Call for help: DocBook file translation

Dotan Kamber kamberd at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 22 21:01:02 CET 2006

--- Daichi Kawahata <daichi at xfce.org> wrote:

> Yes, I thought it could be the matter for you, so an
> embedded
> URL refers translated/updated Wiki in Hebrew, does
> that resolve
> the problem or what dirty hack do you have to other
> than using
> a customized CSS (xfce-rtl.css)?

One has to use HTML etities to overcome the lack of
those in the docbook format

> Is there an Arabic language translator?

AFAIK there is no translation to Arabic (though I
tried to talk few of my friends to take the job).

> what I'd
> like to ask is
> if the problem in Hebrew can be resolved, does that
> also fix the
> problem in Arabic?

Yes, the problems are the same, that is why I was
talking about RTL and not speciofically Hebrew

I used DokuWiki for most of the translation process.
It has decent RTL support (I did some work with
another guy few months ago and we're currently working
again to further improve it) but as been brought up on
the previous discussion about this issue(
http://foo-projects.org/pipermail/xfce4-dev/2005-September/016847.html
) with docbook you can do some tricks that will
probably require some more work if you choose to work
with a wiki (DokuWiki or other).
I'll do the translation anyway but if it's cool with
the others I prefer a wiki.

Doatn