[Xfce-i18n] de_DE for xfdesktop trunk

Daichi Kawahata daichi at xfce.org
Sat Jan 7 11:43:03 CET 2006

On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 13:13:47 +0100
Fabian Nowak wrote:

> Hi all,

Hi,

> Besides, though being translated and in the .desktop file, the
> description for the xfce-panel menu plugin is in English, while
> the name is German - to whom is it to fix this? Translators?
> Brian? Daichi?

Basically the translator at the "Last-Translator" is one who takes
a responsibility on that, this means you're supposed to check the
translations in the orage, xfce4-mailwatch-plugin, xfce4-panel,
xfdesktop. Note that when a language gets more than one translators,
additional task (a management, style consistency) will be happened,
which can be the matter.

> See attached file for the new translation. It is possible that
> Lars will continue translating svn trunk to German.

I attached the updated de.po, please fix the errors below:

  de.po:85: msgstr lacks the keyboard accelerator mark '_'
  de.po:91: msgstr lacks the keyboard accelerator mark '_'
  de.po:146: msgstr lacks the keyboard accelerator mark '_'
  de.po:263: msgstr lacks the keyboard accelerator mark '_'
  de.po:422: msgstr lacks the keyboard accelerator mark '_'
  de.po:426: msgstr lacks the keyboard accelerator mark '_'
  de.po:576: msgstr lacks the keyboard accelerator mark '_'
  de.po:630: msgstr lacks the keyboard accelerator mark '_'
  de.po:657: msgstr lacks the keyboard accelerator mark '_'
  de.po:681: msgstr lacks the keyboard accelerator mark '_'

and I'll commit, don't discard credits for former translator.

> I realize that some translators chose the respectful way and
> others prefer the more personal way. I'd suggest the personal
> way.

In Japanese, of course, there're some ways to address someone
including honorifics, but I tend to take the another "omission",
and what you brought is exact what should be discussed among
the German translators (Moritz, Bernhard and probably Lars or
Benedikt) before starting translation or in the ongoing works.

Daichi

Language Codes: http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/IG/ert/iso639.htm
Country Codes: http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/http/related/iso3166.txt