[Xfce-i18n] Next release

Clytie Siddall clytie at riverland.net.au
Tue Feb 21 12:51:55 CET 2006

On 21/02/2006, at 6:14 PM, Mişu Moldovan wrote:

> În data de Lu, 20 feb 06 la 23:05, Jean-François Wauthy a scris:
>>
>> First a feature freeze will occur (very soon i think all modules are
>> almost ready), then later a string freeze and finally you'll get a
>> deadline for submitting/committing translations and Xfce 4.4 will be
>> released. About the date, i'd say (and it's my estimation) during
>> april maybe begin of may.
>>

> I understand it's only a personal estimation, however it's probably
> much better than mine. Based on older estimates, I was under the
> impression that Xfce 4.4 will be released sometimes during March.
> That's some relief... (smile, Clytie).

:D

> With Gaim 2.0 almost done (it's bigger than Xfce 4.2, you know...)

(it's HUGE, 12000 lines last time I did it ... and found out I'd
translated a "too new version" :S  I was relieved when another
translator asked to do it!)

> may concentrate now on the GNOME release. As most of you probably
> know,
> a lot of the translatable strings from Xfce come from libraries that
> are part of the GNOME translation project: glib, gtk* etc. and the
> best
> time to translate them is during GNOME's string freeze.

They don't freeze everything, either: only the main section. Plenty
of activity, even during "string freeze"!

Good luck, Mişu!

живели! (sorta like "good luck")

(if I have the right language... :S)

Việt hóa phần mềm tự do)