[Xfce-i18n] Next release

Mişu Moldovan dumol at gnome.ro
Tue Feb 21 13:41:47 CET 2006

În data de Ma, 21 feb 06 la 13:51, Clytie Siddall a scris:
> On 21/02/2006, at 6:14 PM, Mişu Moldovan wrote:
> >
> > With Gaim 2.0 almost done (it's bigger than Xfce 4.2, you know...)
>
> (it's HUGE, 12000 lines last time I did it ... and found out I'd
> translated a "too new version" :S  I was relieved when another
> translator asked to do it!)

It's not that huge, 2540 strings to be precise, please see for details
http://gaim.sourceforge.net/i18n/ .

>> As most of you probably know, a lot of the translatable strings from
>> Xfce come from libraries that are part of the GNOME translation
>> project: glib, gtk* etc. and the best time to translate them is
>> during GNOME's string freeze.
>
> They don't freeze everything, either: only the main section. Plenty
> of activity, even during "string freeze"!

Well, they certainly freeze the libraries' section and that is the only
one of direct interest for us, the Xfce translators. I think we should
make sure that glib, gtk+, gtk+-properties and atk are translated for
Xfce to have a fully localized interface (gdm may also be of interest
as it is a login manager without gnome dependencies). Please correct me
if I missed anything.

> Good luck, Mişu!
>
> живели! (sorta like "good luck")
>
> (if I have the right language... :S)

.ro is for Romania, and Romanian is a latin language like French,
Spanish or Italian. "Good luck!" in Romanian is "Noroc!".

--
     .
/^)/_/(/