[Xfce-i18n] about galician translation

Leandro Regueiro leandro.regueiro at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 00:43:47 CEST 2006

On 8/8/06, Jean-François Wauthy <pollux at xfce.org> wrote:
> Le lundi 07 août 2006 à 23:55 +0200, Leandro Regueiro a écrit :
> > Hi, I'm Leandro Regueiro one of the translators of the Trasno Project,
> > that tries to translate free software to galician.
> >
> Hi
>
> > Time ago there was a galician translation of xfce. I want to continue
> > translating xfce to galician, not now because I haven't free time, but
> > possibly of the next month. Please comment me how is the translation
> > process of xfce. I have no posibility to connect to svn or similar
> > services.
>
> That would be great, currently we haven't any Galician (gl as ISO 639
> code ? isn't it ?) translators AFAIC.

Yes, the code is gl. What is the significate of AFAIC?

> If you really cannot connect to svn (even by using the http access that
> should go through most proxies/firewall, you can use the websvn[1]
> interface to retrieve the .po files). Once translated you can send these
> files here. However, if finally you can use svn may be you can ask for a
> svn translator account allowing you to commit your translations directly
> in the repository.

For download I haven't any problem. I will use the websvn interface.
The problem is when commiting the changes. Currently I have Internet
connection on my house and I could upload the translations, but now I
have no time to translate. And thinking on the future is likely that I
will cannot get access to use things like svn if I couldn't do through
a web interface. You haven't a web upload for po catalogs such as the
Rosetta one?

> You can also find informations about translations on the xfce18n
> wiki[2].

Thanks.